Dr. Lee G. Phillips | Hand Specialist
Dr. Phillips graduated Cum Laude from Texas A&M University in College Station, Texas with a Bachelor of Science degree in Biomedical Engineering. He attended The University of Texas Medical School at Houston where he was accepted into the Alpha Omega Alpha honor society. He completed an orthopaedic surgery residency at The University of Utah Hospital in Salt Lake City, UT where he served as Chief Resident of Orthopaedic Surgery his final year. He is double fellowship trained in pediatric orthopaedic surgery at Rady Children’s Hospital in San Diego, California and pediatric orthopaedic hand surgery at Texas Scottish Rite Hospital in Dallas, Texas.
Dr. Phillips brings a new area of expertise to our practice — pediatric hand surgery. In addition, Dr. Phillips has acquired further specialty training in the complex reconstruction of limb deformities using internal lengthening devices and gradual correction with external frames.
Dr. Phillips is an active member of the American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons and the Pediatric Orthopaedic Society of North America. His recent research includes the characteristics of success and failure in L3 fusions for Lenke 5 curves, and the outcomes of extra-articular drilling for osteochondritis dissecans (OCD) of the talus.
Dr. Phillips enjoys all aspects of pediatric orthopaedics and has a special interest in pediatric hand conditions.
- Undergraduate: Texas A&M University, College Station, Texas 2004
B.S., Biomedical Engineering
- Medical: The University of Texas Health Science Center, Houston, Texas 2008
- Internship: University of Utah Hospital, Salt Lake City, Utah 2009
- Residency: University of Utah Hospital, Salt Lake City, Utah 2013
- Fellowship: Rady Children's Hospital, San Diego, California 2014
Pediatric Orthopaedic Surgery
- Fellowship: Texas Scottish Rite Hospital, Dallas, Texas 2015
Pediatric Hand and Upper Extremity Surgery
Hospital / Academic Affiliations
- Johns Hopkins All Children's Hospital | Saint Petersburg, Florida
- Attending Physician | Johns Hopkins All Children’s Hospital
- Attending Physician | St. Joseph’s Children’s Hospital
- American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons
- POSNA, 2013 – present
- Utah Society of Orthopedic Surgeons, 2008 – 2013
- Texas Medical Association, 2004 – 2008
- American Medical Student Association, 2004 – 2008
- Lena Sefton Clark Award, Rady Children’s Hospital, San Diego, California 2014
- Doctors of Distinction, Tampa Bay Metro, Aug/Sept 2015
Lee G. Phillips, MD
Last Modified: September 7, 2016
Privacy Notice (HIPAA) | Notificación de Prácticas de Privacidad | Nondiscrimination Notice—Section 1557